Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Tooth Fairy


My son who is in first grade has lost 3 teeth this month. Both of his front teeth and one bottom tooth. Now, at our home the tooth fairy leaves a quarter for a tooth. My son informed me that a kid in his class got $10 when he lost his front teeth. mmmm... I don't know if I believe it or not, but how do you respond. My son basically knows that I am the actual tooth fairy, so I just said. Well if our tooth fairy gave out that much money, she wouldn't beable to afford groceries. He
didn't say anything back.

One of my sons front teeth had been loose, and then not loose for a long time. I kept wondering when it was going to fall out. It turned out the new big tooth was coming in over the top of it. I tried to pull it with floss and my fingers with no luck. Finally, I called my husband in with the pliers. My son was quite scared, but after two quick tugs the tooth was out and now his big tooth can come in without the competition. He was so proud of his bravery, and his toothless grin is pretty darn cute. He informs me everyday of all the things that are hard to eat now that he has so few teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment