Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween Fun!

Halloween is not my favorite holiday, I am not a fan of either candy or scary. So putting them together does not make me very excited, but this year our family had a lot of fun in spite of it all.

Thursday before Halloween our Dentist had a party at a local corn maze. IT WAS FREEZING! But we went ,ate Chili, wandered around a bit in the corn and then raced home to thaw out.


Coach's brother K and his family joined us. Their two little ones were FREEZING. They were good sports, but after 1 hour we were all ready to leave.

The baby is all wrapped up under Coach's coat. She was quite miserable and cried a lot until she finally fell asleep.

Hiding in the corn...Starboy led the way through the maze. Honestly I am very glad it was light out, I think I really would have gotten lost if it was dark.




Starboy and I were Pirates for Halloween. My sword got broken by one of our cute little nephews, so I didn't have it for the picture, but you get the gist. It was fun to go to Starboy's classroom for the party. I made a pin the nose on the pumpkin game that the kids enjoyed. I handed out Halloween pencils to the winners.

Coach and Princess were clowns. Aren't they adorable.




And look at the tricks! She is a very brave baby and does not get scared easily.




Even when a Pirate's got her....UPSIDE DOWN!





Our witch pumpkin started to decompose a little early, but I think it just made her even more scary. We will be turning her into Pumpkin pie, cookies, and soup soon enough. This was Starboy right before school on Friday. I gave him a beard with stage makeup. Quite the Pirate! Thanks to Aunt D. who let us borrow her clown and pirate costumes!





For trick or treating the clown costumes just wasn't warm enough. Our neighbor had let us borrow this cute flower costume that her grand daughter had worn a couple years ago. It was nice and toasty. Princess looks like she's straight from an Anne Gedes calendar.

Trunk or Treat at Grandma's Church with cousins.
Starboy got 50 pieces of candy just from this event. He only ate 6 and he is exchanging the rest at the Dentist for Prizes!! (We love our Dentist!)

Our little Sunflower!

It was a fun night. We spent the evening with Grandma H, and cousins. We went to a trunk or treat. I made wassail, Creamy Carrot Potato Soup, and and Apple Tart for dessert. It was all delicious and it helped me stay away from the candy. It was a fun evening.
Happy Halloween.






1 comment:

  1. Oh wow. Margaret HATED being up in the air. Princess is very brave!

    And Starboy makes a cute pirate!

    ReplyDelete