Friday, August 21, 2009

Yummy Healthy Banana Bread


I had some bananas that were getting a little over ripe, so I decided to make some banana bread. I ended up melding two recipes together. This tasty sweet soft bread is made with whole wheat flour, apple juice concentrate, 3 banana's and the secret ingredient 1/2 c. cauliflower puree.

The texture was very soft and moist and the walnuts gave it a great crunch. My son had no idea he was getting the benefits of eating cauliflower. tee hee



It was a great way to start the morning for breakfast. Yumminess.

This is the complete recipe the way I made it: (adapted from Deceptively Delicious Cookbook and also Desserts to Lower Your Fat Thermostat)

3 Med Ripe Bananas

1/2 cup cauliflower puree

3/4 c. thawed apple juice concentrate

1/4 cup butter or margarine (melted)

2 1/4 c. whole wheat flour

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 c. walnuts.

Directions:

1. Mush up the banana's really good, then add the cauliflower puree, apple juice concentrate, and melted butter. Mix well.

2. Add the flour and baking soda, mix well.

3. Fold in chopped walnuts.

4.Put into greased baking pans (I used three small pans and baked at 325 degrees for 35 minutes.) Make sure your toothpick comes out clean to know the middle is done.

5. Take out of oven and let cool for 10 minutes before taking out of pans. Cool completely.

6. Wrap in plastic wrap, or a plastic bag over night to help the banana flavor enhance.

WAY EASY AND OH SO YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment