Friday, October 9, 2009

Starboys Recovery

Today is Starboys last day of Antibiotics. He is doing so much better! We will continue 1 more month of homeopathic treatment to get at any lingering Lyme's like bacteria and by then hopefully we are symptom free. At this point the only thing that is lingering is that he is not able to run as well as he used to, but he did ride his scooter yesterday, and he can do the monkey bars again, so his strength and agility has returned. He is also being more rambunctious, talkative, impulsive etc... at school, so we really know he is back to normal!



I am including a couple of videos in this blog so you can see how his walking up stairs, and down the hall changed over the course of the month. My videos from the first two weeks of this ordeal got erased before being downloaded, but we do have from the 18th of September to now. It is amazing to me how vicious this disease is, I am so grateful that I was prompted to the kind of treatment Starboy needed so that he won't have to live with these symptoms long term. We feel so blessed.

He could not use the stairs without the railing. He was using a wheel chair at school by this time to get to his specialty classes.

As you can see his hips just didn't quite work right. This was really pronounced in the beginning of the month, he would also fall a lot because of headaches and balance issues. All of these are Lyme's symptoms. By the time we filmed the video above, he was headache free and walking a lot smoother.

This was yesterday! It is such a joy to have to remind my son to not run in the house, spin in the chair and jump down the stairs. I think I took for granted that amazing, wonderful, active spirit he has. It wasn't until he couldn't do any of those things that I realized how precious each of those things (that often drive me crazy) are. We still have the same rules, but the reminders have me smiling instead of annoyed which is a good way for it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment