Friday, October 2, 2009

Yummy Yummy whole grain bread


Since Starboy got sick we have been experimenting with all kinds of foods. He has been on a gluten free, casien free, sugar free diet. I have been using all different kinds of grains like quinoa, brown rice flour, bean flours etc.. I was just recently introduced to some grains that do have gluten, but because they are a different kind of gluten than wheat most people can digest them better. This recipe I learned at the Bosch store specialty breads class. IT IS DIVINE and full of good nutrition!! I plan on making it every week instead of buying bread from the store.

Special Flour Mixture (need to self grind): 6 cups spelt, 2 cups kamut, 2 cups brown rice
(This flour can be used for baking bread, pizza dough, or any other flour recipe- It makes more flour than you need for 1 recipe of bread)

Whole Grain YUMMY bread
(Spelt, Kamut, Brown Rice Bread) a.k.a Brandon’s Bread

2 cups warm water
1 T yeast + 1 t yeast
1/3 cup xagave (or honey)
¼ cup olive oil (or applesauce, or bean puree)
4 cups special flour mixture
1 T salt
1 ½ T guar gum
Add above ingredients and then mix well. Once all ingredients are mixed then:
Add 1 ½ -2 cups more flour continue mixing for 6-8 minutes with bread mixer. (dough will be sticky)

Put olive oil on your hands to work with dough. Mold into shape and put into greased bread pan. Makes 2 – regular size loafs. (I believe they are 1 or 1 ½ lb bread pans)
Let rise until just above the pan top- bake at 350 fro 21-24 minutes (if using food thermometer until internal temp of bread is 180 degrees)

This bread is very light and yummy and full of good nutrition. Hope your families enjoy it as much as we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment