I know that he is only 7, and that he is still learning. But I also realize that none of the other children were acting this way, so his age should not be a rationalization of why it is okay. I believe that by being strict about the behavior and having consequences in place, he will improve his behavior. Example: After he threw the chair at the primary teacher, he lost the privilege of going to primary for three weeks and had to go to Elders Quorum with his father- he has never been that disruptive in primary again. In fact he has received thank you letters from his primary teacher for being so reverent. Hopefully we will have the same success at school. There are only 2 weeks of the school year left. There are field trips, field days, assemblies, dance programs, and lots more fun activities, so I think he will do great.
All week things have gone really well at school. His teacher says he is trying very hard to be polite and respectful. He got to go on field trip to a museum yesterday, and today is field day. He has earned back all of his toys and earned to go to his baseball game Tuesday night. We seem to have succeeded. Summer school will be the real test since he will have new teachers.

No comments:
Post a Comment