Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I love being a Mom!(most days that is) Starboy gave me a flower and card from school. At church they made another card where the children answered questions about their mom's. These were Starboys answers.

1. If your Mom had a super power what would it be?
able to take care of 1,000,000 kids.
2. What is your Mom's favorite food?
Vegetables

3. What is your Mom's favorite scripture story?
The Broken Bow

4. What is something that your Mom always says to you?
I Love You

5. What is something that your Mom does just for you?
Helps me read


Princess and I were twins in green today. Her hair gets more red highlights everyday. Her eyes even looked a little green in this outift today. It will be fun to see what color her eyes and hair are when she is an adult. My eyes and hair have changed a lot over the years. My hair was a much darker red when I was little and my eyes were blue but would sometimes change to green depending on my mood, and what I was wearing. As I became a teenager my hair got blonder and my eyes greener. By the time I was 16 my eyes were always green and I started dying, highlighting, and changing my hair color for plays and for fun. Now, my hair is a mixture of real and not so real colors. Coach met me when it was a very dark red, I was playing Anne in "Anne of Green Gables" the Musical. So, I think he is partial to it being darker. I like the high and lowlights of the streaking to give it personality.
I called my Mother in Hong Kong and sang to her over the computer on Skype for Mother's Day. When I was in high school and college I performed a lot. I used to do musicals and perform country music. My Mother has always enjoyed listening to me sing. I decided to sing one of her favorite songs from back then "Love Can Build a Bridge." She was so happy to hear it and it was fun to make her smile (and cry a little). Starboy of course was watching me as I sang.
This morning Starboy brought up a CD player and told me he wanted to sing to me for Mother's Day. As they say: "Imitation is the strongest form of flattery." I tried to attach The video below of him performing a song from High School Musical (The Disney Movie) called "Its the Start of Something New", but it wouldn't work. Anyway, I am not calling broadway or think he should have a recording label or anything, but I did think it was really sweet, and fun, I smiled and laughed (in a good way).


2 comments:

  1. Almost as good as being home!!! A song, lots of smiles, and some great pictures. It sounds as if your day was pretty special also. We love all of you so very much. You are fantastic. Love and lots of hugs from Hong Kong. Mother

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was wongerfu; to surf your blog.It seems to me as if I'am with you in America.
    You are so creative and imaginative as Anne from Green Gables indeed.

    Ariunaa

    ReplyDelete