Friday, December 11, 2009

41 Weeks - Chicken Pox

This week has not been fun for Princess. She got the Chicken Pox. Coach had been under a lot of stress and over Thanksgiving got a really painful rash (which we now realize was shingles). He is doing much better, but he passed on Chicken Pox to the baby.
She is pretty miserable. The little sores are all over her. If we keep a turtleneck onesie on and then a sleeper she doesn't try to scratch. But when it's time for a diaper change she wails. Poor thing. The first pox started on Sunday and they multiplied quickly.

She also has a cough, runny nose, and sores on her tongue and in her mouth. She will only sleep if she is being held and our usually content baby is so confused by her discomfort. She looks at us with these concerned big eyes begging for us to take it away. I have been in tears wishing I could help her more. We have tried oatmeal baths, and histamine blockers. pretty much it will just have to run it's course.


There are moments like above when she is still smiling and laughing. What a sweetheart! Luckily she should be all healed before Christmas.

3 comments:

  1. Poor girl! I hope she feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. poor girl...I remember having the pox when I was about 4 or 5 and it was no fun. Even worse when you can't verbalize!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness, what a bummer! She looks like she really has a lot of spots! Taylor got chicken pox from Scott when he was 3 months old! (I hadn't vaccinated Scott and he got them right after he started kindergarten.) But Taylor didn't have nearly as many as Princess does! Hope she's better soon!
    I was noticing in the video that her hair is really coming in nicely!

    ReplyDelete