Friday, April 3, 2009

5 Weeks Old



Princess is five weeks old today! She is smiling more often and her neck is getting a lot stronger. I had fun taking pictures of her today. It is snowing outside today so we dressed up quite warm. The blanket she is laying on was made by Coaches Grandma who is 96 years old. It was a gift at my baby shower.


READY...... SET.......


LIFT!!!!!

What a strong happy baby girl!! Her eyes are getting more blueish these days. I like to say they look like those steelie marbles because they are often a silverish grey-blue color. She was very good about errands this week. We don't have a infant car seat that comes out of the car. We decided to get the car seat that goes from infant all the way to 8 yr old booster. So each time we go someplace I take her out of the carseat and put her in the Moby Wrap that I made. She almost always stays asleep even with being taken in and out multiple times. She might stir a little, but I think the walking in the wrap reminds her of being in the womb, and the vibrations of the car also put her to sleep. We have done errands 3 mornings this week and all three times she was an angel and slept through each stop. by the time we get home she is ready to eat, be changed, and then play and stretch a bit. It works out quite well.

4 comments:

  1. How do you like not having an infant car seat? I'm wondering which one would be the best, the pumpkin seat or the bigger car seat? I like the idea of not having to buy 2 car seats by the time a baby is 1!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I don't have to carry that big plastic thing around. My baby is already 11 lbs and instead I get to hold my baby a lot more. I guess the only drawback is that the regular carseat is cold or hot depending on the weather. With the infant car seat, you have your baby in it when you put it in the car so there is more temperature control. Princess has been fine about it though, I bring a blanket from inside so right when she is in I put it over her and she is warm. Summer I think will be a little harder because car seats can get really hot.

    She has no problem being transferred from the car to my moby wrap. If you don't have an infant car seat, a sling or moby wrap (some kind of babywearing item is a must I think). Hope that information helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang--she's so CUTE! I am SO bummed that we couldn't get there for Gram's funeral. We TRIED! We got all the way to Denver and were snowed out from moving on to Utah through WY AND the Co. Mtns. It was bad! We turned around and drove back home.
    Princess is SO cute. I wanted to see her and you SO bad. I even have a gift for you. I'll mail it, but just might have to check to see if I need to get some things bigger. ;)
    Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, by the way, yes car seats get SO heavy with that growing baby in them. Never liked that! You're doing it smart, but I do wonder about those hot car seats. Even just the bigger boys have a hard time clicking in the super hot, metal buckle!
    I'm sure you'll find a great way to remedy that.

    ReplyDelete