
I have created a picture collage with this group of pictures which will hang in Princess's room. It turned out just perfect. The white blanket in the above picture is a Bethlehem Baby Blanket that I bought while living in Jerusalem in 1998. It was made by young girls at an orphanage we visited. I have saved it all these years to be used as a blessing blanket. My dreams from back then are now a reality.

The front of my wedding dress. The seamstress was able to use the bottom triangle of lace from the bottom front of my dress to make the front of the baby dress. She used the back kickplate/slit from the dress to create the back of the blessing dress for easy diaper access and then covered it with the outer train layer. The sleaves of the blessing dress were made from my sleaves. She really did an amazing job.

Front of Blessing Dress. Unfortunately she didn't want to give us a smile in this position, but at least you can see the front of the dress, and the detail.

The back of my wedding dress. Bridal Shot taken by my a good friend almost 11 years ago. The train of my dress was my favorite part. It was so elegant. I loved the fact I had the feeling of a full poofy dress, but without the bulk.

The back of the blessing dress- Isn't that the most perfect smile! The whole photo session went great. We have some cute up close pictures also. I am so pleased with how it turned out. I can't stop grinning!

Lovely pictures and such a great way to keep your wedding dress useful!
ReplyDeleteI absolutely LOVE the dress...so cute!! What a great idea I so wished I'd thought of it for my little one.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely beautiful! I got teary eyed just looking at them! What a wonderful way to tie your wedding dress to your beautiful daughter and still keep it alive for you as well. What a memory!!!
ReplyDeleteI am sure Princess will treasure the photos for a lifetime!
Now THIS makes me a little jealous that I didn't get any girls! WAY cute and precious! Kevin got one of those blankets in Jerusale, too, and we used it for all four boy's baby blessings!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful dress for a very special occasion. We are so thankful that it turned out just as special as you had dreamed it would be. We are grateful for the pictures on your blog to help us feel like we were there with you. You are all fantastic. We sure love you.
ReplyDeleteMom and Dad in Hong Kong
We love all of you. You are indeed a great blessing to us. We are grateful that everything well so well. Hugs and kisses from Hong Kong
ReplyDelete