Friday, April 3, 2009

Gymnastics

Starboy has been in Gymnastics over the last few months. Last night was the final class and showcase. This was the balance beam, they learned to walk both forward and backward as well as kick while walking both forward and backward. For floor exercises they practiced cartwheels, hand stands, forward rolls, and back handsprings most with assistance from the coaches or equipment. Starboy enjoyed the bars and was able to learn how to flip him self up, swing and land. They would have hanging competitions at the end of each class which would help to build arm strength. Starboy usually was one of the last to fall. They also did Vault which was Star Boy's favorite. I tried to take a picture but they didn't turn out, I will try to upload the video of it.


The class lasted 8 weeks and though quite elementary, I think it helped with coordination and flexibility. He enjoyed going and it helped him use some pent up energy, so I think it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment