My sister's neighbor took my wedding dress and made the most beautiful blessing dress, I am so pleased. She only charged me $10 per hour (It cost $70 total). She also made me a temple envelope for my temple clothes with my initials monogrammed. This way I can always have a part of my wedding dress with me also.
Today I took Princess to Target Photo Studio to have her pictures taken in the dress. My sister came and helped me with the baby for pictures. Princess was such a great sport! Many of the pictures turned out so cute. It was so funny, they would try to position her hands under her chin or by her face and the second she smiled she would have to move and flail them. Smiling and sitting still just could not be combined. The photographer did a fantastic job, and the people were so friendly. I think we will get our family pictures done there in July when Princess can hold her head up by herself.
The pictures won't be ready for 10 days. I can't wait to post them. I am creating a mounted picture collage of me in my wedding dress (front, back- from my bridal photos) and the baby in her blessing dress (front & back). I think it will turn out really beautiful. She is being blessed on May 3, 09. She is growing so fast I wanted to make sure I had the pictures before she grows out of the dress. We might not be able to fasten the back on the blessing day, but at least I have gorgeous pictures as memento's!

That's a great use for your wedding dress! I should think about doing something like that with mine--it's not like I'm going to wear it any time soon.
ReplyDeleteSuch a great idea--if you have girls! ;)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful dress!