Thursday, March 12, 2009

Daddy's Little Princess



As I have said before, my husband is completely enchanted with his little girl. He is an English teacher and has started writing a collection of free verse poetry about our daughter. He started it a couple weeks before she was born and writes most days. It is a type of journal for him. He gave me permission to post a couple of them.


STARING


You are my baby
So little
Did you ever think you could
Love someone
So much
So fast? My wife asks me.
Yes.
I fell in love with you.
Doing nothing
Holding my interest
Sleeping
Pooping
Sleeping
Eating
Sleeping
Growing my heart
Growing in my heart
One day new



One Week

Beautiful
Pink cheeks
Hic-cupping on my chest
She is one week old

Adorable
Gray blue eyes
Spitting up on my sweatshirt
She is one week old

Pulchritudinous
Dark brown hair
Wiggling in my arms
She is one week old

Sweet
Ruddy faced
Crying while I hold her
She is one week old

Precious
Little arms
Flailing in the air
She is one week old

Strong
Little hands
Grabbing at my chest hoping to find milk there
She is one week old

Tiny
Little ears
Can you hear me?
You are one week old

2 comments:

  1. I have a picture of Eric & Zari doing just about the same thing (although Eric was probably sleeping too!). Aren't babies so fun? I love her chubby cheeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the so cuteness of the baby, daddy and the poetry!

    ReplyDelete