Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Nibble Tray



Dr William Sears is famous for writing numerous books about child rearing such as the sleep book, and the baby book. He is a pediatrician that believes in whole food nutrition, attachment parenting, and breastfeeding. He also happens to encourage his patients to use Juice Plus and is on the board for the Juice Plus Children's Health Study. In a Promotional DVD he made for Juice Plus called "9 Simple Steps to a Healthier Family Diet" he discusses great tools and tips to help our children eat better. My favorite is the the Nibble Tray.

Children are grazers especially toddlers and younger kids who have to much energy to sit still for long periods. If you put together a nibble tray of healthy foods that they can snack on through out the day, they are more likely to get more fruits and veggies and healthy proteins in their diets.

I think this same idea works great for the breastfeeding new mom. I have been making up a nibble tray each morning for myself. I keep it close by my nursing nook. Then while I am nursing I can snack and drink. Keeping my energy up. I just buy all my veggies and cut them up at the beginning of the week, put them in Ziploc bags. Then I have nibble tray items available for the whole week. It is a real easy way to make sure my snacks are nutritious. I like to include lots of different fruits, veggies, wheat crackers, cheese, pretzels, nuts, and a couple dips like hummus, ranch, or yogurt.

2 comments:

  1. Great idea! I like using the muffin tin to hold everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! That looks so good! My problem is it wouldnt last me all day. I would probably eat it all at once.

    ReplyDelete