My baby girl is two weeks old! This week her umbilical cord fell off, she peed and pooped on the couch, carpet, dad's lap, mom's lap and a few other places. She seems to think that she needs to go right as soon as her diaper is off. even if a new diaper is under her, she is so wiggly and explosive it tends to get everywhere. She is starting to be awake for longer periods. She has had a stuffy nose and hates to have it sucked out. She is learning to enjoy her swings so that mom can cook and shower as needed.
Now that the meconium is cleared out of her system, I have begun using my bum genius 3.0 cloth diapers. In the above picture she is wearing the dark pink one. These are great diapers because they go from 7lbs- 30 lbs, but this also makes them a bit bulky. They don't seem to bother her once they are on, but getting it on nice and tight around the legs can be difficult, especially when she is wiggling around and crying (she has yet to have her diaper changed and not cry about it. I think she hates the cold wet wiping.) My husband got drenched after he changed her because the diaper wasn't tight around the belly or the legs, so since that we have tried to be more careful.
I love being home with her all day. We have gotten on a pretty good schedule. Although she still wants to be latched on most of the night. At least I am learning to sleep while she is eating, so it's not so bad. I know time will go very fast, so I am cherishing every moment!

OH these pictures are so cute!! She is adorable and I love the headband!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad I was finally able to come see her! She's a beauty!
ReplyDelete