Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Whole Family Together





My son is staying at my sisters for the next few days so that I can recuperate from giving birth. She lives close by and has other children that he loves to play with. My husband and I came home from the birthing center at about 7pm on Friday Feb 27,09 5 hrs after I gave birth. All three of us were exhausted so sleep came fast. Saturday afternoon my sister brought my 7 year old son over to meet his new baby sister. He is so excited to be a big brother. We even had a present for him from his baby sister. A new baby is pretty boring for a little boy so we figured he could see the baby for a few minutes, take some pictures, and then we could give him the present which would make him happy and he could play with that for a few minutes making the visit feel more about the whole family instead of just the baby. It was so cute one of the first things my son said was

"Now I get to see you as Mom, because before I couldn't see you as a Mom because you were my Mom." Deep thoughts from my first grader.

He also said.."Babies are more fun when they get a little older." which we all agreed with. He happily went back with his Aunts since Mom is barely walking and our house is pretty quiet right now. He will come home on Tuesday after school when I have recovered a bit more. Thank goodness for family.

2 comments:

  1. What a good idea, gifts for the siblings. Just can't tell you how happy I am for you, Kristy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure love the pictures of your family. We miss you very much, and this makes us feel much closer. We sure love all of you.
    Mom and Dad Smith

    ReplyDelete