Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Ironic

I posted a couple days ago about breastfeeding and foods that can cause gas. Well ironically my milk came in on Monday (this milk would have had the chocolate ice cream I had eaten the night before. And yesterday(about 12 hrs after her feeding of first breast milk) My baby had the worst stomach ache and little red blotches all over her. She was gassy and fussy and constipated. Is it just a coincidence? I don't know, but for the next few days I'm going to stay off both dairy and chocolate and see if she improves. New Mom...so much to learn and figure out. Breastfeeding is going better thanks to a La Leche League friend that came and spent some time with me yesterday. She was so patient and I am feeling much more confidant and last night actually made it through both night time feedings without us both being in tears YAHOO!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that nursing is going better--hang in there, keep asking for help when you need it, and you will figure things out! There are a million and one theories about what makes babies fussy and gassy, so it may or may not be what you're eating. It's always hard to know if something is cause-and-effect or just happenstance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps--I loved watching Jack Newman's videos. They were super helpful when I was just learning how to nurse Zari. If you go to his website www.drjacknewman.com you'll find links to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer about the chocolate. A friend of mine here has five kids and this last one had problems when she'd eat chocolate. She gave it up for about six months, but seems to be okay now. Hang in there! ;)
    Glad things are going well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you had a better night! You two will be pros at breastfeeding in no time!

    ReplyDelete